One of the most common interactions you may have with Sampson County Government is through the payment of property taxes. If you reside in the City of Clinton or the Towns of Autryville, Garland, Harrells, Newton Grove, Salemburg, or Turkey, your municipal property taxes are included in the property tax bill you receive from Sampson County.
In addition to County and municipal tax, your tax bill may also include the following:
- Fire District Tax – A rate charged in addition to County and/or municipal taxes if the property is located in a fire tax district.
- Special District Tax – A rate charged in addition to County and/or municipal taxes if the property is located in a special district designated by legislation. This is normally a downtown area.
- Vehicle Fee – Charged annually for motor vehicles located within some municipalities.
To view the Sampson County Tax Rates and Fee Chart, please click HERE.
How to Calculate Taxes
Tax rates are calculated against each $100 in value.
A single-family home with a value of $100,000. The property is located in the City of Clinton but not a Fire or Special District.
County rate ($0.83) + Clinton rate ($0.40)= Combined Rate ($1.23)
- Property value divided by $100: $100,000/100 = $1,000
- $1,000 x $1.23 = $1,230.00
(No vehicle fee is charged if the property is not in a municipality)
- Property value divided by 100: $10,000/100 = $100
- $100 x .925 = $92.50 estimated annual tax