For a Voter Registration Application Form in Spanish, please click HERE.
Existing DMV customers may click HERE to register to vote online.
To check your voter registration status, please click HERE.
New voter photo ID requirement
Click below to see the detail information from NC State Board of Elections.
You may register to vote in Sampson County if you are:
- A United States citizen;
- 18 years of age or older (17 years of age if you will be 18 by the date of the election);
- A legal resident of Sampson County for 30 days by the date of the next election;
- Not in jail or prison for a felony conviction.
You may obtain a voter registration application form at the following locations:
- Sampson County Board of Elections Office
- All town hall or municipal buildings in Sampson County
- All libraries in Sampson County
- All high schools in Sampson County (for students)
- Sampson County Administration Building
- Sampson County Agri Exposition Center
You may also register to vote while doing business at the:
- Driver’s License Agency
- Employment Security Commission
- Department of Social Services
- With agencies dealing with persons with disabilities.
You may also call (910) 592-5796 and request that a registration form be mailed to you or write to the Sampson County Board of Elections, 335 County Complex Rd. Suite 100, Clinton, NC 28328 and ask for a form to be returned by mail.
You may register with any political party recognized by the State of North Carolina. Currently, the recognized parties are Democratic, Republican, and Libertarian. You may also register as Unaffiliated. If you register as Unaffiliated, you may select whichever party primary you wish to vote in on Primary Election Day, if that party allows participation by unaffiliated voters. Currently, all three political parties allow unaffiliated voters to vote in their respective primaries.
Registration for a particular election closes 25 days prior to that election. If you register in person, you must register no later than the 25th day before the election. If you register by mail, your application must be postmarked no later than the 25th day before the election.