A Sampson County Employment Application will be used for all departments except the Health Department and the Department of Social Services, which require a State Application for Employment. Applications should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAROLINA COMMUNITY TRACING COLLABORATIVE IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19:
Contact tracing is the process of supporting patients and notifying contacts of exposure in order to stop chains of transmission. Our local health departments are North Carolina’s experts in this essential detective work. The new Collaborative will hire and train staff that will support local health department’s contact tracing efforts. This will allow North Carolina to meet the goal of doubling the number of contact tracers in the state to 500.
Recruitment will start immediately; interested applicants should visit the Collaborative’s webpage [communitycarenc.org]. Special consideration will be given to those who are unemployed, have community engagement experience and live in the communities that they will serve.
CENSUS 2020 JOB OPPORTUNITIES:
The 2020 Census is right around the corner and the Federal Census Bureau has many job opportunities for those seeking employment. Anyone who is interested in a temporary Census job with flexible hours and good pay can apply online at https://2020census.gov/en/jobs.html
*NOTE: All Census related jobs are managed by the Federal Census Bureau. Please direct all questions or concerns regarding Census jobs to the Federal Census Bureau.
Sampson County is currently accepting applications for the following positions (please note the deadline for each job listing):
- (AGING) In-Home Services Supervisor (open until filled)
- (AGING) Home Repair Program Assistant (open until filled)
- (ELECTIONS) Deputy Director of Elections (position opened until filled)
- (EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT) EMT - Intermediate (ongoing openings)
- EMT - Paramedic (ongoing openings)
- (HEALTH) Nutritionist (open until filled)
- (LIBRARY) Adult Services Coordinator - Part-Time (open until filled)
- (LIBRARY) Part-time Library Assistant (open until filled)
- (SHERIFF'S OFFICE) Detention Officer (ongoing openings)
- (SHERIFF'S OFFICE) Deputy (ongoing openings)
- (SOCIAL SERVICES) Social Work Program Manager (Adult & Family Services) (open until filled)
- (SOCIAL SERVICES) Social Worker III (open until filled)
- (SOIL CONSERVATION) District Technician (open until filled)
- (TRANS) Transportation Driver - Part-time (ongoing openings)
- (TAX) Tax Office Assistant (open until filled)