To provide caregivers a registry of names of people interested in private pay services for in home aide, sitting, house cleaning, etc.
Sampson County Department of Aging provides citizens interested in private pay services with a list of individuals for in-home-aide service, sitter services, house cleaning, etc. An application provided with reference, training information, name and phone number will be required. Caregivers can receive a copy of the list at no cost; the list is provided as a courtesy. Sampson County Department of Aging in no way endorses the employment of anyone on the list. Sampson County Department of Aging assumes no responsibility or liability for any damages, thefts, or any action resulting from personal decisions to hire someone from this list.
(For individuals wanting their name added to the list of Care Providers)
- Care Providers will come into the office and complete a Care Provider Registry Application in its entirety. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Care Providers must read a copy of these policies and procedures before completing an application
- Applications require an up-to-date criminal back ground check.Your application will not be added to the list if your criminal check results in the following:
- If one or more felonies appear on your criminal check.
- If a misdemeanor charge is less than ten years old.
- If a misdemeanor charge is ten years and older, we will add to the list; however, the record will be available upon request to persons interested in hiring you.
- The name, city, phone number(s), and work preferences are added to the Care Provider list. Applications are kept in a binder in the Information and Referral Specialists office.
- A new list is printed once per quarter, and as caregivers ask for copies, it is printed and given out by request.
- If a complaint is made by someone who has hired someone from the list, the Care Provider will be removed from the list immediately.
- The Care Provider that is being removed will be contacted by letter stating they have been removed from the list. Names and complaints will be not given out to anyone under any circumstance.
- SCDOA has no part in the relationship between caregiver, family member and/or the Care Provider.
- Care Providers should not call to see if their names are still on the list. The list will be updated once yearly and they will be notified. Call for changes only.
- Important Note: All information (Applications and Criminal Check Forms) must completed in its entirety. SCDOA will not take the time to call you to find out missing information. If your application packet is missing information, your application will be filed inactive and not included in the list.
(For individuals wanting a copy of the list of Care Recipients)
- A copy of the Care Provider Registry may be picked up, mailed, or emailed to interested persons at no cost. No faxed copies.
- We strongly advise that Care Recipients check the references and former employers of all applicants. That information will be given out by request.
- If Care Recipients have a complaint, it must be submitted in writing to Sampson County Department of Aging. This information will not be shared with anyone, including the person the complaint is regarding.
- If a complaint is made on a Care Provider on the Care Provider List, that person will be immediately removed.
- Sampson County Department of Aging will disclose this statement on each Care Provider Registry.
The list above is provided as a courtesy. Sampson County Department of Aging in no way endorses the employment of anyone listed above. Sampson County Department of Aging assumes no responsibility or liability for any damage, thefts, or any actions resulting from your personal decision to hire someone from this list.